Sunday, December 19, 2010

Welcome to Agnija's Space!

About AGNIJA'S SPACE
Agnija's Space is a blog/website which informs about travels, music, different kinds of events I attend. It's everything I am interested in and want to share with you. There are certain sections in my blog:

About - tells about the blog and me

Contacts - here you can see all my contacts to be able to contact me for any reason

Festivals - reviews of the festivals. So far I have reviewed such music festivals as Positivus (Latvia), Ruisrock, Flow Festival (Finland), Pukkelpop (Belgium), Modern Sky Festival (China). There can also appear reviews of other type of festivals, such as Journalism Festival in Perugia (Italy).

Gigs - reviews of gigs

Interviews - here, I publish interviews, mostly with musicians and bands. 


Stories - short stories mostly on my travel experiences.

Video - different kinds of videos from my travels, music festivals and gigs.

Others - other articles I tend to publish in other media; quotes that I have come across and want to share.

Countries - this is a category on the left side of the blog and offers to learn more about my travels. So far, you can read about such countries as Belgium, China, Japan, Morocco, Somija/Finland. Mostly there are travel stories, but in some cases the country can be mentioned as a place for some event/action I attended.

Agnija's Space also lets you know what I tweet on my Twitter account, as well as shows the comments published in the blog. You can also use the search option in this blog.

The language of the blog is English and Latvian.


About ME

I am Agnija Kazuša, originally from Lielvārde, Latvia. This is how I describe myself: "Adventurer, observer, learner... with an aim to do good things to myself and people, and society around me; to spread positive thinking and energy, smiles and laughs; to grasp new things, places, people, ideas and always to learn and explore."


I could also describe myself in five fields:

1) Academic life
I have got a Master degree in Communication Science at the University of Latvia. Additionally to that I have spent an ERASMUS semester at the University of Helsinki/Swedish School of Social Science (Spring, 2008), as well as I have taken a "Foreign Reporting Course" at the same university in Finland which lasted for 3 months (Winter, 2009).

2) Professional Life
I am a freelance journalist with experience in such media as "Diena", "TVNET", "VETO magazine" and others (Latvia), as well as Concertnews.be (Belgium). I have also worked as an editor-in-chief for my local city newspaper "Lielvārdes Ziņas". Moreover, I have been a radio DJ/journalist at "Mārupes Radio QBS". Recently I am also into creative writing. 

3) Work Life
Since 2010 I have started to pursue my career as an English Teacher. I have gained experience in teaching English in Egypt, Morocco, Latvia, India, China. I teach privately and in groups. If you are interested in English classes, let me know. ;)

4) Volunteering Life
Since 2007 I have been active in volunteering sector. I have done a lot of voluntary jobs,  mostly related to the NGOs I am involved in. Those are FEJS Latvija, European Students' Forum AEGEE and AIESEC. Within those organizations I have implemented a lot of projects together with my fellow team members. Among them are Beyond Europe, EuroArab, World Minorities (AEGEE), article competition, discussions with journalists (FEJS Latvia) and others.

5) Hobbies
I will be short here - mobility, music, people, writing, jogging. That explains all! :)



If you ask who I am, I would say - I am a journalist, teacher and youth activist.


Journalist; I have been most active in journalism during her five-year studies of Communication Science when I worked as a stringer for that time largest Latvian newspaper Diena, as well as published articles in other media (TVNET, VETO Magazine, Popcorn). The topics I covered included education, family, youth problems, students’ life, health, music, entertainment and others. I have also worked as an editor-in-chief for the local newspaper Lielvārdes Ziņas (Lievārde News) for one year. Having discovered persistent and passionate interest in music, I started my own radio show about music and travelling called Mans Meridiāns (My Meridian) on an internet radiostation Radio QBS. Currently I share my music and travel experiences on my blog Agnija’s Space, as well as write music reviews for Belgian music website Concertnews.be.
Teacher; having obtained Master degree in Communication Science, I ventured to Egypt where I discovered my passion for teaching. After 10-months trial in the land of pyramids and Pharaohs, I have been teaching English in many other parts of the world such as Latvia, Morocco, India and China.
Youth Activist; already as a student I showed interest in youth activism. Numerous projects, ideas, workshops, seminars, youth exchanges from Sofia to Tokyo, from Cairo to Riga still belong to my daily life experienced with such youth organizations as FEJS LatvijaAEGEE, AIESEC and other youth initiatives both as a participant and organizer. Especially I feels proud of FEJS Latvija being the initiator and co-founder of the organization.


8 comments:

  1. Jā, nu veiksmi blogerēšanā! Bet veids kā Tu sasveicinies ar lasītājiem varētu tikt atzīmēts kā `funny`, jo latviskajā versijā bildē Tu mums esi pagriezusi sāniņu (kas tas par sveicienu?), bet engliš runājošajiem tiek veltīta vienaldzīgas sejas izteiksmes bilde, sēžot uz bruņurupucīša Helsinku centrā. Vai tad trūkst bilžu? :D
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Agnija,

    I just wanted to let you know that I could be (hopefully not the only:)) follower of your new blog.
    I remember how determined you were about Shanghai this Spring when we met... and happy that it all worked out for you!

    Margus

    ReplyDelete
  3. -My dear Agnija
    I missed you very much in Egypt.when will you come back ? or you will not?
    I hope you a achieve your goals in this trip?
    answer me on face book

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Eva: nu māksliniecisks sveiciens, taču! :P

    @ Margus: Thank you, Margus!! :) Yeahhh, China worked out well, though took lots of efforts and worries. But it was worth it! :))) hehee, I am happy to welcome you in my followers community! :)

    @ Wael: Thank you for your nice comment. So far, no clear idea when I could be back...maybe in Spring? But who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello .my dear friend agnija
    miss you so much
    congratulation for this nice blog
    go on my dear
    your friend
    dr waleed

    ReplyDelete