Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 12: Last goodbye's and....my big Award

Last goodbye's
On the very last day I woke up later than usually as I had had an online meeting according to European time and therefore it finished at 6 in the morning in the end. However, I didn’t do anything special on my last day, just went for the last shopping and somehow this day turned to be special anyway: I met Marina, a nice Russian girl who loved travelling and was now living in America. After talking to her I found out that she was also supposed to come to work in the same village as me in Egypt…hmm, the world is really small…and I must say it was really like a destiny to meet her.

Last goodbye to Alex and Marina and I went to my dear friend and travel partner Tomoko to have the last dinner with her in her university café. The time to leave had come. I luckily spent all my Chinese money on delicious noodles and didn’t even save any single coin to keep as a souvenir. To be honest – I feel better carrying less stuff with me. It was hard once again to say bye to Tomoko. I really hope we will meet again. That is a true friendship and that is a nice feeling to go to a foreign country and find friends there…

My Award
These days in China were my award. My award in old and true friendship (Tomoko), in beautiful scenery, in famous touristic spots, in new information and knowledge, in new people, in high feelings and excitement (EXPO and Brainstorm), in delicious food, in souvenirs I bought…it all was my award after the hard working days in Egypt saving money for China every day, eating less than wanted, spending less than wanted and working much more than wanted. But it was worth it and I felt proud of myself after handling all visa and money issues to make this trip happen! Something big has been achieved and it’s a good feeling that makes it worth living and going though the same suffer again and again to deserve a sweet dessert afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment