Sunday, December 19, 2010

China: reunions, high feelings and fresh winds

Before the Trip: It started with a vision about being in EXPO

It needs one second. I get a sudden idea, even vision that I have already done it, I am already there, this is already happening. Future becomes past in my mind NOW, at this moment. And then it’s confirmed: the idea needs to happen!!! And there’s no way back because my mind camera has already captured it. The same happened with China. I got a sudden wish to go to the World EXPO 2010 in Shanghai, because I just saw myself there. Even though I had heard of upcoming EXPO in Shanghai before, even if I had attended the previous EXPO in Zaragoza, Spain (2008), even if I knew Latvia is taking part there this year, but…the sudden one second moment ‘I have to do it!’ becomes stronger than anything…and the result is: I start saving money for my trip to China EXPO in March, 2010.

I started hard work and that all for one purpose: China! The idea reminded me about itself in my dreams and my daily life on my daily expenses. There were lots of obstacles in between: the job I had in Egypt was never stable, in fact I was doing something different every month, so I could never rely on stable money; also I had problems with visa because first of all I didn’t have Egyptian visa and I had problems each time I was prolonging it, so how come I get a Chinese visa?

However, despite of everything, my aim never changed and 28th of September arrived long awaited, long suffered of modesty and with full excitement to explore a new country and to meet my lovely Japanese friend from INDEX exchange program or so called my sister Tomoko. That day was here when I left my apartment in Cairo, packed my stuff and went to the airport. It was a night flight with arrival in Beijing at an early afternoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment